Description: (Including but not limited to)
Working within a team environment, the Repair Technician is responsible for the assembly and disassembly of gas turbine engine components using planning, tooling, workmanship standards and general instructions. Completes necessary documents as directed by the Job Process Controller and Planning Engineer. Conducts visual inspection of components for damage, defects, and wear both prior to and following welding procedures.
- Performs disassembly and assembly of gas turbine components and modules.
- Inspects individual engine modules & components and assesses condition.
- Inspect and clean engine piece parts and assess condition. Create quality welds according to blueprints (weld symbols).
- Responsible for the proper packaging, identifying, and moving of all finished products to the proper location.
- Ensure all equipment is properly set up and used in a safe manner and that all safety devices are in use.
- Operate forklift, if required and trained.
- Operate air tools for blending and/or grinding welds to contour.
- Interpret dimension and tolerance symbols identified on prints and verify conformance of work pieces to specifications required by prints, specifications, or procedures.
- Performs first piece inspections as well as all subsequent inspections as required by RMF standards.
- Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required.
- Perform maintenance and repair as required.
- All other duties as assigned by your manager.
*This job description is a summary of the primary job scope and should not be assumed as an all-inclusive description*
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse facility
- Experience with the operation of overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Possess mechanical aptitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools for successful job performance.
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively communicate.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems in a logical and effective manner.
- 2-5 years of Industrial Gas Turbine Repair experience
- 2-5 years of Welding experience operating GTAW/TIG welding machines.
- Understanding of the abrasive media blast process.
- Basic computer skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This position is performed in a shop environment.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling.
- Moving, carrying, lifting, objects in excess of 50 lbs.
- Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time.
- Work in both cold and hot climates.
- Work in or near industrial hazards.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in order to meet demands of the role.
ADA Job Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee’s performance due to physical, mental, or emotional disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Allied Power Group is an equal-opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Apply Now: https://workforcenow.adp.com