Description: (Including but not limited to)
The Rotor Technical Rep will be responsible for driving critical process workflows across APG’s repair capabilities, supporting the rotor product line (Gas and Steam turbine), as well as collaborating across functional areas to ensure alignment throughout the repair job and directly communicating with the customer.
- Creates quote back-ups (Routers) for the Sales Department
- Translates customer purchase order requirements into Shop Routers, including providing all required datasheets for the job
- Liaise with Engineering department on rotor analysis of rotating component designs
- Publishes order requisitions for services and materials (non-consumables) necessary for job completion
- Accountable for completion of the job on time, on budget and controlling job cost
- Implement improvements or changes to processes and procedures per Shop Operation Manager’s direction
- Assists the QA department in researching quality issues
- Communicate with sales on a change of scope, any issues that arise, or any other relevant items on the jobs
- Assists foreman by clarifying technical requirements and scope of work, generating schedules by providing scheduled hours and information on bought outside services/parts
- Communicate with customers on status and review/resolve any technical issues
- Creates Inspection and Final Reports, reviewing parts and inspection data
- Responsible for reviewing data and parts with salesman and customers during visits
- Advocate recommendations for process improvements and collaborate with other APG personnel on any necessary operational in support of the company’s growth
- Supports in creating and implementing shop policies and procedures.
- Ensure work is performed is in accordance with company safety policies
- All other duties as assigned by your manager.
*This job description is a summary of the primary job scope and should not be assumed as an all-inclusive description*
- Minimum 5 years Gas Turbine/Steam Turbine Rotor Repair Experience
- Proficient Computer skills (Microsoft Office: Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
- Strong mechanical background with the understanding of first principles
- Capability to communicate clearly and accurately, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization and customers
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Experience with ERP systems preferred, GSS Training will be available
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-year or 4-year Technical Degree
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the role.
- Must be able to work in an office and shop environment
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of the assigned schedule.
- While performing the duties of this job is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
ADA Job Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee’s performance due to physical, mental, or emotional disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Allied Power Group is an equal-opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Apply Now: https://workforcenow.adp.com